Saturday, June 4, 2011

Adventures as a Bridesmaid

So the last two weekends were the bridal showers for two of my best friends.  They are both former roommates and I am so happy to be a part of their big days.  Luckily, they are both smart, wonderful people and I didn't have to endure any embarrassingly awful shower games.  I usually dread showers (both bridal and baby) because of the ridiculous games that people think are fun when they are really just embarrassing and awkward for everyone involved.  THANK YOU ladies for not subjecting your guests to that! 
One thing I really enjoyed was fulfilling bridesmaid duties.  I really enjoyed being there to help out and de-stress my brides to be.  For the first shower, I helped out with the big list of the gifts, and for the second, I was put in charge of the ribbon bouquet.  I don't mean to brag, but that was one sweet bouquet.  Both of these brides-to-be are a part of my wedding party, so it meant a lot to me to be a part of the shower. 
The thing about their showers is that their weddings seem so real and close now.  And that makes my own wedding seem real and close(hopefully will have a date set with the church in about a week!).  We're growing up.  It's scary and crazy and hard, but it's going to be great.  I am so happy for my two ladies and truly feel that they have both found their perfect match.  Being a part of their weddings is a huge part of my engagement and wedding experience. 
Ok, I'm being very sentimental and getting a little misty, but I'm allowed.

School is almost out for the summer and then the planning will be underway.  So excited for all of the wedding awesomeness this summer has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment